Its January, which means old man winter is upon us! I have to admit, I’m the girl who is always cold. You’ll find me bundled up in layers whenever the temperature drops. Still, I do love a good snow. It makes everything seem still and beautiful. Plus, there’s something really comforting about a nice, hot, home cooked meal on a cold night. It just makes you feel good!
One thing the family always looks forward to at the end of the day is our dinner routine. We eat a little earlier here, around 5:30 or 6:00. The kids and I sit at the table and play a game while we eat. The game is called “Glad, Mad, or Sad.” And everyone takes a turn answering questions about their day. It’s a really great way for me to learn how their day was in detail. We always seem to learn new things about each other. I try my best to cook a family meal Monday-Thursday. That was really important to Daryle and I when we started our family, and even though its a lot of work, it really is worth it to carry out. I have so many happy memories sitting at the table with the kiddos!
One of our favorite family dinners is chicken pot pie. This week, I tried a new recipe from Eating on a Dime using our Instant Pot. I’ve had the Instant Pot for over a year but have always been hesitant to try it. A new appliance can be a little intimidating, especially when you already have your tried-and-true methods. But this week, I promised myself I would get to know Insta! Ya’ll, it took me only 35 minutes to make this yummy dinner! The biscuits added a unique touch as opposed to the standard pie crust. And the best part, the kids LOVED it! So now I’m hooked, and I can’t wait to try my next instant pot meal! Check out the recipe below!
Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie
Assembly Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 Chicken Breast, Boneless
- 1/2 Cup Celery
- 1/2 Onion
- 3 Potatoes
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 tsp Poultry Seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Cup Milk
- 16oz bag Mixed Vegetables, Frozen
1. Preheat your oven to the recommended temperature for your biscuits.
2. Compile all ingredients, except for biscuits, into your Instant Pot.
3. Close lid and set valve to “sealing” that’s important.
4. Select the Manual button and set cook time to 25 minutes.
5. Instant Pot will take a few minutes to reach desired pressure, then begin cooking.
6. Prepare biscuits using recipe on can (or your own favorite homemade biscuit recipe!)
7. When Instant Pot is done cooking, do a Quick Release to expel the pressure. To do this, simply turn the valve from “Sealing” to “Steam” or “Release” setting. Be careful of the steam, its hot!
8. Remove the chicken from the pressure cooker and shred using two forks.
9. Place the chicken back to the instant pot and stir to combine.
10. Serve in a bowl with a biscuit on top. Enjoy!